Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Paradise

Been a while since I last put up a post...too much fun being had :)

Besides having a nasty cold that kept me housebound for three days, I really enjoyed Rome.
The history is mind numbing, almost to a point where you fail to notice 2000 year old monuments and artifacts as you walk along the streets. Here are some pics from Rome!




Marble statues in the Coliseum



Inside the Coliseum



At Trevi Fountain - was really amazing



The backsplash in Nero's kitchen. No joke



Inside the Vatican museum



Saint Peter's Basilica and Square



Piazza Navona



Spanish Steps



Sunset of my last night in Rome, while having a tasty beverage

I ending up spending about one and half weeks in Rome, although I have a feeling that I will be back there at some point on this trip. You could probably spend a year there and still not take in everything.

I have been in Sorrento (actually a little town just north called Sant Agnello) staying at an amazing hostel that might have one of the best views I have ever seen. It has a rooftop deck that allows you to take in all 360 degrees and for some reason the beer and wine just tastes better up there!

A few days ago, I took a boat out to the island of Capri and have to say that it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was able to go swimming in grottos, climb into caves and check out the nice little city on the island.







Didn't know that color existed before I was swimming in it



On Capri

I also went to Pompeii and that was amazing as well. Couldn't believe how large the city actually was and how well it had been preserved. Well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.




The central plaza





Poor guy was caught by surprise


Original marble of Pompeii




One of the many streets



Yep. That's what you think it is. The Pompeiian brothel. This was only one of six pictures still on the walls.




And my view while writing this today in Sant Agnello. My life is pretty good!
Off to Florence tomorrow!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're finally getting to see Italia..and the rest of Europe for that matter. I bet your Italian sounds great! Your blog brings back so many memories. I miss Italy. PS - if you haven't already - you should email Francesca and see if you can meet up with her family in Firenze. They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete