Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pics of Porto

The past few days have been a whirlwind. I checked into a great hostel last Saturday and have had so much fun and met so many incredible people, I'll be here until Friday before I take off for Rome.

Below are some pics of Porto, the second biggest city in Portugal. It is a physically stunning city, with the Duoro river at the center of it. If you ever have the chance to visit, do it. (side note-Especially if you are male and single. Beautiful women in droves. I've never seen anything like it). Moving on to the pics now...hope you enjoy!




Famous Portuguese tile



Ponte Luis 1










View of Porto (on right side of the Duoro)




Calem, one of the many Port makers situated on the south side of the river



Porto and the Duoro going out to the Atlantic



Afraid of heights? Don't look down!



More of that tile...



Taken from a tram ride up to the top of the Luis 1 bridge

That's about it for now. Two more days in a city that has truly amazed me!

Ciao!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment