Friday, May 13, 2011

Roma, Italia

My time in Portugal is something I will never forget. Lisbon was good, but Porto was great. The people I met along the way were even better. It was one of the best times in my life and would love to go back at some point soon.

But nothing is forever and now I'm in a country that I've dreamt about for years. Having studied Italian, worked at a great Italian restaurant for five years and throw in the fact that it is running through my veins (ok, I'm just a quarter), I couldn't be happier to have landed in Rome.

I have been welcomed graciously by Francesca and her family and the first few days have been more than pleasant. Eating more than I should - I can't resist because it is so damn good - but isn't that a prerequisite for being an Italian in Italy for the first time??

Here are just a few pics from a quick stroll around Rome last night. It really is breathtaking to look up and see something that is 2000 years old.




The Coliseum



Roman Empire, the beginning



The advancement



Even further...



The height of the Empire



Marcus Aurelius



Tre colore



The Pantheon



The Coliseum at dusk




The best carni in Roma, Sauro's Centro Carni (for all you KC folk, it is Giorgio's family that runs it)

Well, that's about it for now. Off to enjoy another picture perfect Roman afternoon!

Ciao a tutti!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment