Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pics of the past week 6/18 - 6/22

As I'm sure these pictures will depict, I had an awful time in Crete. For the love of God, don't waste your time going there. Absolutely nothing to do, see, or enjoy.

I will just do it on your behalf. Remember how Leif Ericson told everyone back in Nordic land that there was nothing in Iceland and how amazingly beautiful Greenland was? (or something to that effect - I am in Munich and have beer gardens to visit people!! Can't waste time with trivial facts;) Yes, that is what I am doing for Crete so that I can enjoy it all to myself. Unfortunately, a few too many people have already found out about this incredible place...

So let's see... Balos beach was a two hour drive from Hania, where i was staying, on some asphalt, some gravel, and then a 2k walk past goats and sheep to one of the most amazing views ever.









Far and away the most clear water I have seen in my life

Yesterday was spent hiking through the Samarian Gorge, a 5+ hour jaunt that is unbelievable. My shoe selection was a bit suspect and am regretting that decision today, but made it nonetheless!



The start



Thought about a swim here...




Down into the Gorge


Hopefully those people in front of me give you some sense of the enormity of the place


The bridges




Leaving from the port to head back home

Sad to have left Greece. It really is a special place and I hope to get back one day. Soon.

But there is a lot of the Deutschland to explore. And this pic is for all those who went to Germany through the MBA program a few years back.




Good memories revisited!!

Ciao for now

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment