Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pics of the day 6/30/11

Can't believe that it is almost July. I've been gone for almost three months but only seems like yesterday that I left. It has been a great ride up to this point.

I'm back in Berlin and picking up where I left off from a few years ago. I never took in the Berlin wall in true fashion last time, so I made my way there earlier today. Definitely puts things in perspective and the trouble this city and country have had over the past century.




The wall, in the foreground, which leads into the "kill zone" and is then followed by the hinterland wall, behind the guard tower. From where I took the picture, I would have been standing in west Berlin looking over to the east.



Part of the mural that shows how they literally drew a line down Bernauerstrasse to divide east from west.




Bernauerstrasse would have been west, while Ackerstrasse was part of east Berlin.

Hard to believe it just came down a little more than twenty years ago.

Tcshuss!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Swinemünder Straße,Berlin,Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment