Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A compilation of the pat week

I finally decided to end my sabbatical from my sabbatical and get up a post. Not that I haven't wanted to, but more of a product having too much fun. And really, spending a lot of time on the Internet while in Europe -- well, is just wrong.

So here are some pics from Germany, my day in Amsterdam, and Croatia!




Amsterdam



Rembrandt's front door, Amsterdam. After building up a huge amount of wealth, he preceded to blow all of his money, going bankrupt and having to sell off all possessions...and that was how the museum today knows exactly what his house was like in the 17th century!



The Amsterdam Museum



Near the Red light district



Yes, such a place does exist



Houseboats!! Yeeeeaah, uhh, my car doesn't exist, so we'll be takin da bus!



Really wish that I could have gone in...crazy long line and didn't have enough time unfortunately




Bikes and canals!! I really was blown away with how beautiful Amsterdam is... Was not expecting it!




Roland, he is the man in Bremen




A bicycle adventure into the German countryside! I miss "my" bike already...




Bremen's Main Square with the Rathaus on the left and Cathedral on the right




Sunset from dinner in Bremen




View from my balcony in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Yep, I'll take it.

Well I'm off to go explore the old city of Dubrovnik. If it is half as beautiful in the day as it is at night, then I am in for a treat.

That being said, as great as it is to see all these amazing sights, one thing continues to stick with me. It's more about the people in these places and that's what truly matters to me. So thank you Jane, Marina, Antonia and others who have made my travels through Germany so incredible! They are times that I'll never forget :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Croatia

No comments:

Post a Comment