Saturday, April 23, 2011

First impressions of Lisbon

You can tell from walking around Lisbon for just 10 minutes that this place is steeped in history. Tons of old buildings, cobblestone streets and sidewalks with intricate designs and an ever present feeling of it's imperialistic past.






It is hillier than s$&@ here! Those tram rides are going to be fun!


I will certainly have more to come on Portugal and it's largest city in the near future but here are just a few more pics from my first day!



Sao Jorge Castle on top of the hill



Sunset



Central Station



As I was huffing and puffing to the top of one of the numerous hills in the city, I wanted to try to get a pic that would provide some sense of the severity of the incline...not sure if I did or not, but I think I stumbled upon my favorite picture of my trip thus far!



And the reason why this was such a short post today ;)

Adeus (ah-dey-uush) de Lisboa!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Walking around that all day would wear me out. Pretty awesome stuff, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete