Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Mullet

Yesterday was relaxing. Slept past 10am, had some breakfast/lunch, read for a while and then decided to do something with my day.

I went to the Sagrada Familia, which is now open on the inside but are still working on the outer...Decided not to go in because the place was a zoo! Might go back later this week, although I doubt the crowds will have settled...



Then went and got lost in the neighborhood and ended up grabbing a cold, tasty adult beverage, a Grimbergen in fact, at the Frankfurter, a German restaurant (shocker!).... Also had to participate in the eating side of things. The bratwurst sufficed.

Made my way back to the Placa de Catalunya and headed north to the Arc de Triomf (Catalan is mind-bloggling, btw).



From there, I meandered back to the south through the Barri Gotic and El Born, my favorite area of Barcelona. Tons of great little stores and shops, restaurants and cafes, with cobblestoned streets that separate the buildings, by only a few feet in a lot of cases... Really amazing. Highly recommend this area if you make your way to Barca.

I'm saving the best for last. I decided to make my way home so I hopped on the subway and stumbled upon this.



That is not a woman, folks. The mullet is alive and well in Europe!! and this guy clearly has an affinity for his... I'm kind of jealous actually ;)

On that note, adeu from Barcelona!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. So clearly you have intentions to grow one of your own in order to blend in with the local population yes? Better get started, I have a feeling he has been growing that for a while
    ~James

    ReplyDelete
  2. True he does have a head start. But when my skullet catches up to his, I win hands down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a brilliant Kentucky waterfall!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete