Monday, April 11, 2011

Speechless

It's certainly hard to come up with a better descriptor for my past few days in Spain other than saying it has been simply amazing.

Was picked up at the Barcelona airport by my friend Francesca on Friday afternoon and came back to her apartment where I met her other roommate, Eduardo.

After relaxing for a little while, we went to the Placa de Catalunya to meet up with some of Francesca's friends who also work for Ryan Air.

After a few drinks in the courtyard, we went to grab some tapas around 9pm, which is about standard time for dinner. After stuffing my face full of several different tapas and having a few more drinks, was time to call it a night after being up for almost.. Crap I dunno. A lot of hours

Saturday was relaxing during the day... Just had lunch and enjoyed the weather - which is too perfect btw... Went out Saturday night and met a lot more of Francesca's coworkers and had a fun time.

Was up early on Sunday to take a train to Tarragona, about 45 mins south of Barcelona to meet an incredible Spanish couple who live in Kansas City much of the year.

Ana and Marino immediately took me on a tour of the city, founded by the Romans just a few years ago. Saw where Pontius Pilot lived, as he was from Tarragona and the rest of the Roman ruins... They make you realize just how small you are in the grand scheme of things...

Ending up staying the night at Ana and Marino's incredibly beautiful house in the hills of Coma Ruga, overlooking the Mediterranean. Simply one of the most amazing views I have ever seen. I'll post some pics below of both Tarragona and Coma Ruga below so take a gander..

The hospitality shown to me by Ana and Marino is something that I will never forget. Great meal after great meal, as well as drink, and the incredible view outside my bedroom for a night. Spectacular. The whole experience was, well, that's what makes me speechless. (I've been trying to write this next sentence for the past ten minutes - and am failing miserably at trying to describe my gratitude!!). I'll sum it up with this. Ana and Marino, you two are the best!!

Here are some pics. Let me know what you think :)




Tarragona



In Tarragona after a great seafood lunch




Looking down from ramble nova in Tarragona to the mediterranean




Roman amphitheater in the middle




Coma Ruga




Beach of Coma Ruga




I bet you can't guess what that is...




View from Ana and Marino's house. This photo doesn't do the view justice


YouTube Video

And a quick video from the train ride home (hope it works!)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Barcelona and Tarragona, Spain

3 comments:

  1. well, looks pretty lame, guess we'll see you back in kc in a week or two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when are you accepting guests?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be taking apps next week. But the fee is 100 euro each. Have to buy myself a beach house somehow ;)

    ReplyDelete