Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On to Porto

Well it has been five fun days in Lisbon.

I don't think I would have come here had it not been for Greg Wilson, another Kansas Citian, who suggested that I make my way to the western most point in (continental) Europe. By the way, does anyone know the western most country in Europe?? I might bring you back something from that country if answered correctly!! (get excited people!!)

So I arrived in Lisbon last Friday and met up with Greg, who is also doing a bit of traveling around Europe. As I mentioned in the previous post, Lisbon is a beautiful city. Quite walkable in that the old city is small,


but hilly as well. The city is known for its trams and trolleys that alleviate some of the trekking up the hills.



There are several plazas and squares where people congregate to talk, eat, drink or all of the above. And they are all beautiful, especially at night. I don't think I have ever been to a city as pretty as Lisbon at night.



One of the plazas



Every night was filled with good and drink, including a great meal at John Malkovich's restaurant in Lisbon.



Fried hake fish with verde (green) wine. Some of the best wine I've ever had! I think I'm going to start importing it back to the States - I had never heard of it before this trip - and I'm sure it would be consumed in mass quantities - maybe only by myself but I'd be happy about that!

Took a city tour, went to Cascais, a great little beach town and met some locals and frenchies for quite an incredible night as well!




The 25 de Abril bridge in Lisbon



One of the beaches in Cascais



The harbor in Cascais

Well that's about all for now. Lisbon was full of great people, drink, food and hospitality.



Had my first caipirinha!

Would love to come back at some point, but am looking forward to Porto and drinking some of that stuff they call port. Not sure where it comes from though...;)

Ciao a tutti!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment